How We Write American Sign Language is an unique book in that the process of writing is open to the community. Chapters will be posted here as soon as they are ready, and contents will continually update when new information arises.
Part One: Five Steps To Writing Today
- Step One: Digits And Digibets
- Step Two: Wrist Motion In ASL Diacritics
- Step Three: A Map Of Movement Marks
- Step Four: Body Location Through Locatives
- Step Five: Transmitting Nonmanual Signals Via Extramanual Marks
The Blueprint For Written ASL Words
Part Two: The Essentials of Composition
The ASLwrite Community has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to the text and method of written ASL contained on this website and How We Write American Sign Language. In releasing copyright, we ask that written ASL be respected as the domain of the American Sign Language-speaking community and that it be given all the rights and privileges that written English enjoys.
This work is published from the United States.